Sunday, June 29, 2014

Going Natural...Step 1 & 2

I'm learning that many of the things we buy are not healthy for us. So I've decided to share some of the things I've slowly been implementing into our lives. This week is step 1 & 2 of going natural and I will post a few more easy things that will benefit you and your health. At times I get overwhelmed, especially now that I'm a mom, because I want to try 10 different things all at once but it's too much and causes me to stress out. So step 1 & 2 are easy to make, inexpensive and natural: Homemade fabric softener and laundry detergent. Chet, Tru and I all have very sensitive skin and the store bought softener caused Tru to break out in a horrible rash.
I found both recipes on Pinterest and have to give credit to the women who made them. I'm just grateful to have found the recipes. On April 25th I posted the fabric softener so you can click the link below step 1 to check it out.

Step 1: Homemade Fabric Softener

http://smalltowncitygirls.blogspot.com/2014/04/homemade-fabric-softener.html

Step 2: Homemade laundry detergent
I've been making homemade laundry detergent for a couple years now. I started doing it at the bed and breakfast because it's drastically cheaper. This is a liquid laundry soap that can be messy at times, but I love it.

http://www.icanteachmychild.com/make-it-homemade-liquid-laundry-soap-1/