Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Step 3 of becoming more natural.....Powdered Homemamde Laundry Detergent

So I know my last post was Step 1 & 2, which included the liquid laundry detergent, but I recently made this powdered laundry detergent and love it! It's easier than the liquid one and not messy. I made it in just 10 minutes. The most time consuming part was grating the three blocks of fels naptha soap bars. I had to keep switching hands. The pictures below shows all the ingredients you need: a 5 gallon bucket, borax, baking soda (4lbs), 3 fels naptha soap bars, oxi clean and arm and hammer washing soda. I used a cheese grader for the soap bars and the rest you just pour in the bucket (the entire box of each item). Then you need to make sure you really shake the bucket, roll it around and get all the ingredients mixed very well. Then I used the container of the oxi clean to hold the detergent. You only need about 3 tbsp per load. I use my liquid fabric softener with it and our clothes come out very clean and smelling great! You should try it!