Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What a wonderful surprise!


I have so many blogs to write. I need more time in my day.
First off–I arrived home from Montana late last night to a wonderful (well actually several wonderful) surprise(s). I will blog about my Montana trip another day. Back to my wonderful surprise, well I found this website a while back http://ana-white.com/ and I found plans for a headboard that I wanted Nick to make. Well this was several months back and we have been really busy all summer so we haven’t had time to work on it.  So…I was in Montana for 4 days and I had to leave Nick and home. I felt terrible about leaving him all alone and each time I talked to him he said not much is going on and he is getting bored. Well that was a BIG FAT LIE!
When I walked into our bedroom for the second time after returning home (the first time I just dropped by purse and took off to look for Dixie) I noticed something different about our room. For 1–our bed was made. And 2–there was this AMAZING headboard! WHAT! I *gasped* because I was so excited. Nick spent the entire weekend building and staining our new headboard and it turned out AWESOME.  It matches our mango wood nightstand and dresser and it is distressed and awesome. Seriously. I am so excited.



Here is the link if you would like to build your own. http://ana-white.com/2010/03/plans-reclaimed-wood-look-headboard-king-size.html
Nick said the cut list is great and the general directions are good, except for he added extra support. In order to get the distressed look, Nick used an ax, nails, chain, blowtorch, and all sorts of stuff. He also did several coats of a dark walnut danish oil and tung oil varnish. He did a great job. It ended up costing $170 and many many hours. But it looks awesome. 
The other surprises were that Nick cleaned the house, did laundry and cleaned the garage. The house looks amazing. Love him!
~Court