Friday, September 26, 2014

Grow Your Own Food = Yummy Baby Food





This is our first year doing a garden and we've been so happy with the results. It's so worth it and I can't wait to do it next year and expand our garden. We kept everything organic, even our fertilizer. It's also worked out great for making baby food. Tru loves our homegrown green beans, zucchini, crookneck squash and corn! I received our baby cook as a baby shower gift and I use it ALL the time! It's amazing. It steams and purees'. I have several different baby food containers (as you can see in the pictures). The food pouches are by 'nourish with style' and they are reusable baby food pouches that seal on the bottom, So it's easy to fill and clean out. I use different 2oz food containers and I also do the basic ice cube trays. After they're are frozen I will pop them out of the trays and freeze a couple cubes in smal freezer baggies and defrost as needed. Each night before I go to bed I defrost Tru's food for the next day. If I know I'm going to be out then I defrost a pouch.

So here are some ideas for baby food combinations
Zucchini and crookneck squash (I add pear every once in a while)
Spinach and yams
Yams and pear
Carrots and apple
Blueberries and pear
Blueberries and banana
Banana and peach
Banana and pumpkin
Peas and corn

It does take a lot of time but it's worth every second.