Tuesday, May 28, 2013

back at it ~ the lake and peach cobbler




Woo hoo! It's boat time again and I am soo happy! I love spending our weekends on the lake. 
Memorial Day for our first day out this year and it was wonderful. A little too windy to go out on the main part of the lake, but we hunkered down in a beautiful cove and relaxed with some friends.



The bad thing was that I thought SPF 15 sunscreen would be enough to keep me protected from the sun's rays on our first trip of the year. Not so much! I even re-applied sunscreen, but I am a bit pink. Ok a lot pink!
We ended the day with a yummy bbq meal and peach cobbler. 

Easy Peach Cobbler

2 - 16 oz ramekins

1 can - Peach Pie Filling (18 oz can)

Biscuit topping--
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbl shortening
1/2 cup milk

Wrap a cookie sheet in foil. Split the peach pie filling between the two ramekins. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients together and cut in the shortening with a fork. Keep cutting intul the shortening is in small bits. Add the milk and stir just until the mixture is moist. Use two spoons, drop biscuit  dough balls over the peaches until the top is covered. (This will make extra dough, I made 1 biscuit on its one.) Place ramekins on foiled covered cookie seer and bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes. If you have extra to make a biscuit, it will cook in a lot less time than the cobblers. 


Serve with ice cream. I had blackberry ice cream with this…super YUM!

These were yummy and HUGE. I only ate half of mine.  And I forgot to take a picture before we started digging in. I left ours a little doughy, because that is the way my hubs likes it and I like to keep him happy!




I am still searching for the perfect shortbread cookie type crust for cobblers, but in the mean time, this was great!